Thursday, September 1, 2011

Battery running low

Still out ofit... Sea turtle bootcamp is getting to me. During my moonless night patrols lately, Ive been seeing an oasis far in the distance, an oasis with pools and coco locos (a cinnamon coco local delight) air conditioning and foot massagers.... Ha ha. I continue to daydream as sleep, unless in 2-4 hr increments, is a commodity STC is unfamilir with.

I realized during my complainy hours that i took three 3-5 hr PARK shifts which all together is 15 miles of me stumbling over turtle booby traps, dragging my patutis over 180 pairs of turtle tracks (thats our ingenius method of identificatn), excavating 2 nests (both carrying their own blogworthy stories), flipper tagging (my score now is 3-1 yay!) shmoozing spotters, carrying logs like a woodsmen, digging holes and then planting logs to then use as mile markes.... All with a swollen right ankle and/or calve (Wales boy pronounces this "cough," making for a very strange running story) and all in the short 19 hr spam of 2pm yesterday to 10:30 am today.

Guess im not done complaining haha. But today was a good day, especially after going into town for ingredients to make me some cheer upping papitas con limon and a cold can of coke.... And later joining w entire crew to watch despicable me. So nice. and tomorrow, being my night off will only be better! No juicy stories tonight folks, onlt my sour puss checked list. I do have a good borja-held-at-gunpoint story, so stay tunes.

Gotta go catch me some more interrupted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment