Monday, September 19, 2011

Being a part of something

My latest observations have helped me strengthen a basic theory ive had on my mind: that all living beings search for being a part of something. The companionship, direction, and purpose.

Take my morning survey for example:

- Each dog tha accompanies me on morning partol. He doesnt ask for anythung in return (im sureits hoping food, but never gets it).... Except the companionship as he leads the way. Today, my beach dog warned carolyn and i of a boa constrictr on our path. Yes, he was part of the morning team.

- the hatchlings in group motivating each other to climb up stuffy nest, ride down the warming sand, and to plunge into waves. And ive noticed they sometimes even choose the straight marked path left behind by the preious night's mama who laid a new nest beside theirs. They found direction, companionship, and purpose. The stragglers always need a push and inspiration.

- even i find myself walking straight lined behind the atv tracks without thinking about it. I cld also be a bit ocd like jack nicholsons character in as good as it gets, but id like to think it has to do w the relief of having a marked destination/purpose and compnionship

not sure im going anywhere else with this basic observation,; hkwever, i find it comforting to think we all want to be connected. cause we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment