Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Last morning survey

The lasts of this trip was getting to me yesterday. Exhausted and partially not wanting to say goodbye to this new life, i head to night patrol a bit trantrum stompingly.

Thankfully, my park patrol was woth Borja. Who will turn a frowny face around in seconds.
We had a great time. I started my turtle goodbyes, as well as my shooting star lit sky goodbyes sniff sniff. we worked really well with tourist groups.

Super sore, i dont even know how i made it to my top bunk. But there i was at 5:30 am waking up for my final morning survey. Boca with Catalina.

Heated day, but nice conversation AND we saw hatchlings from green turtle nest emerge from start to finish. I n c r e d i b l e!! Packs of 5-10-15-25 tortugueritas excitingly digging their way out and swooping nonstop to ocean. What a site! I stopped complaining then and there of my suoer duper activity packed week, and realized once again how fortunate i was to be here.

The blisters, paper cuts, sun burns, bites, body pit stumbles, turtle slaps, sometimes eternal tackless walks, troncodrilo scares, stepping on huge crabs startles(last night) and dark eyes circles - all these made this story what it it, plus will heal and go away. The push was this time compensated with an entire tortuguita family. :)Thank you tortguero.

Now, at day 40 im getting ready for the arrival of Bill, who i cant wait to share all of this with!

No comments:

Post a Comment