Friday, September 2, 2011

Recharged


One day of me time, pampering and talk w the family and i am back to happy turtle land.

Worked 5 turtles last night, marked one nest, tagged one feisty juvey wh had part ofnher flipper missing (and now shes sportin some bling), came back tired but stoked into my usual 5 am routine of ipad scrabble and shower, and in themiddle of the latter, i was greeted by a godzira spider. In the middle qckly became the end of my frothy time, so i maneuvered the shower curtain to maze her in and i rushed to my room, took a sleeping pill (cldnt afford another bad nights sleep) and left a danger spider zone post it for the morning patrol gals.

I think the universe i tryng to tell me not to shower.

Anyhow my wonderful day off started with the silky ant eater hunt, spotted by a local berry picker who showed some of my buddies here. Pretty interesing mole loooking creature. Definetely not a morning person haha. From there i planned what anywhere else would be a 15 mintue errand to target (discounting the tempting aisle time), here becomes a full week treasure hunt.... And most of the time ends uo sensa tesoro.

My tesoro: stamps, an ice cube container, a reusable water bottle (my metal one got stolen by a thirty eco tourist yesterday) lemons (testing MC here) and the hotel hunt for my coming visitor :). Unfortunately only the last two were workable. Thirsty cubeless days ahead :).

Determined to not go back and veg out at station, i went to budda for a drink, got another massage and went to some tavel agencies to get transportation options to either arenal, pacuare or monteverde for when my RAship ends.

Storm forced me to sprint back home, lay low w the gang and the director who's back to ru. A workshop starting monday (which i will be presenting in). And then went back to buddha for my kast meal of the decaweek (next ten days). Yummy filled tummy, in bed awaiting 10 miles of turtles to come.


And i did promise an actual juicy story.... But itll have to wait until i finish coreographing each ra's personalized dance move. Or not

Hasta manana

No comments:

Post a Comment