Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ninjas of the night

We are quite the turtle ninja crew! Just got back from working fully vegetated turtles, some stuck under branches, tags flipped, one accidentally flinging other turtle eggs as she dug her own nest, and one turtle walking over another turtle camoflaging,... What a night. And we handled it swell. 3 of the 4 we worked we worked in front of groups of 20-35 tourists at a time.... And we stil keptour cool. :).

Im especially going to remember my puzzling my way thru on turtle under tree branhes and roots in order to adjus and read her tag, plus while moments before unknowinkly sitting on an agressive ant nest which then welcomed hundreds to join me on my expedition.... Biting me the entire time i trapped myself deep in the roots. All keeping the professional act in front of tourists. Hahaha what a hoot.

Mpsquitoes are getting brighter, but so are we.

Off to bed. im patrolling again at 5am and excavating under the unforgiving sun.

Town is shutting down electricity from8-3pm so i will go internet and ventilator craaaaazy.

Have aglass of icey cold water for me. Aaaaaah!


Added later in the day:
I hear heatwave is pretty bad in sd (and surrounding areas) and that u had a power outage? Or still have one?Crazy.Still, a bit comforting that in our opposite worlds right now we coincidentally experienced a power outage, overlapping at some points im sure!  Ours was because of menacing monkeys.... But still. :)

We r in the dark together!

No comments:

Post a Comment